The Village Practice complies with the Data Protection Act & Access to Medical Records Legislation.

In order to provide you with further medical treatment it may be necessary to share identifiable information with District Nurses and Hospitals.

If you have a complaint or concern about the service that you have received from any of the staff or doctors working in the practice, please let us know.  We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints.

Privacy Notice

Please click here to view our Privacy Notice, relating to your personal information.

Please click here to view our Extended Privacy Notice, relating to your personal information.

How to complain

We hope that any problems that you have can be sorted out quickly at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If, however, your problem cannot be sorted this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible.

You should normally make a complaint within 12 months of the event, or within 12 months of becoming aware that there is a problem.  However, these time limits may be reviewed if there are good reasons why you could not complain earlier and if we are still able to investigate the complaint fairly and effectively in spite of the delay.

If you wish to make a complaint about your GP Practice, please contact your Practice Manager in the first instance or, alternativley, you can raise a complaint about a GP, Dentist, Pharmacist, Optician or GP service (but not Out of Hours) with NHS England on:  0300 311 2233 or by email

The Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) can manage complaints relating to provider organisations, such as Acute Hospital, Ambulance Service or Community Service and commissioning decisions.  Alternativley you can raise a complaint with the provider of the services directly.  If you do wish the CCG to manage your complaint then please contact the CCG via the following email address  More details can also be found on the CCG website at as to what areas they deal with.

If you require help in rasing a complaint then please contact Healthwatch Hampshire by telephone on  01962 440 262 or in writing to:  Freepost RTHH-KGST-ZRBC, Healthwatch Hampshire, Westgate Chambers, Staple Gardens, Winchester, SO32 8SR.  You can also visit them oline at  You can obtain advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureaux (CAB), their service is free and independent of the NHS.

If you still remian disatisfied following an investigation you do have the right to take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman and they can be contacted by telephone on 0345 015 4033.  See for more information


What we will do

We will acknowledge reciept of your complaint within 3 working days either orally or in writing, where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable and we will offer to discuss the matter with you.

You will be offered a meeting with the complaints lead to agree a timeframe for resolution and to reach an agreement with you on how you wish the complaint to be handled, and give you a likely period for completion of the investigtion and response to you.

We will aim to investigate and deal with all complaints efficently and speedily and we will send you a written response in the investigation as soon as reasonably practicable.  If we are not able to meet the deadline we have agreed with you we will contact you to discuss and arrange another timescale.

All oral complaints will be recorded in writing by the practice and you will be provided with a copy of the written record.

When we look into your complaint our aim is to:

Find out what happened and what went wrong,

Advise you what we will do to put the matter right,

Make sure you receive and apology where this is appropriate,

Identify what we can do to make sure the problem dosent happen again.


Complaining on behalf of someone else

Here at the practice we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiallity.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so.  A letter signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless thet are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.